Zambezi River Authority is seeking a highly motivated, suitably qualified and experienced Zambian National to fill the vacant position of Human Resource and Administration Officer under the Human Resource and Administration Section in the Corporate Services Department, to be based at Head Office, Lusaka, Zambia.
To assist in the implementation of Human Resource strategies including the provision of efficient and cost effective administrative support services to the Authority in the areas of security, motor vehicle fleet management, insurance services, records management, asset management and occupational health and safety so as to ensure the achievement of corporate strategic objectives.
Under the supervision of the Senior Manager – Human Resource and Administration, the Human Resource and Administration Officer will carry out the following key responsibilities:
- Undertaking of all activities pertaining to the recruitment and selection processes in the Authority by ensuring that all activities undertaken are in compliance with the Recruitment and Selection Policy and Procedures.
- Undertaking of all activities pertaining to Training and Development and ensuring that all Departments / Sections / Units develop training plans for employees each year
- Managing all Employee Relations and Welfare activities by ensuring that all processes and activities under Employee / Management relations, Employee Welfare, Employee Morale and Engagement, Disciplinary & Grievance Procedures, Employee Medical Scheme, Employee Loans, Employee Pension Scheme, HIV/AIDS activities and Compensation and Benefits are done timeously in addition to providing the necessary support and /or guidance to the business.
- Implementing and managing employee wellness programmes.
- Ensuring effective implementation of the Authority’s Employment Code of Conduct.
- Assisting in the development and reviewing of Human Resource and Administration Policies and Procedures.
- Undertaking of all activities pertaining to employee placements i.e. employee transfers, acting appointments, promotions, separations and the like.
- Managing all Reward and Recognition activities by ensuring that all incentive schemes such as long service awards, excellence awards and annual performance bonus are undertaken timeously.
- Managing all issues pertaining to the talent management system by ensuring that talent management programmes for key employees are effectively implemented.
- Managing all activities pertaining to the performance management system by ensuring effective execution of the Performance Management System Action Plan for each year within the set timelines.
- Conducting performance reviews for subordinates and providing the necessary support to the business in order to ensure that the execution of the Performance Management System Action Plan is undertaken within set timelines.
- Managing Human Resource and Administration initiatives by ensuring effective maintenance of all employee records and effective management of all HRA processes.
- Investigating all Occupational Health and Safety related incidents/ accidents and making necessary recommendations and claims where possible.
- Participating in the formulation of the Human Resource and Administration Section’s Annual Budget.
- Taking Minutes and producing Matters Arising/ Actions Taken Reports in respect of Employee meetings.
- Providing secretarial services for the Human Resource Management Committee.
- Ensuring that all Human Resource and Administration initiatives are undertaken in accordance with the provisions of the Terms and Conditions of Service and the Human Resource and Administration Policies and Procedures Manual and all other relevant policies and procedures.
- Overseeing the execution of all Administrative Support Services at Head Office.
- Managing all Human Resource and Administration matters in respect of the Projects and Dam Management Services Department including attending Departmental meetings in his / her capacity as the Human Resource and Administration Business Partner for the said Department.
- Ensuring that all employees are availed updated Job Descriptions duly approved by the Head of Department and signed off by the job holders respecting the Department in which his /her serves as the Human Resource and Administration Business Partner.
- Preparing annual Human Resource Plans regarding all initiatives to be undertaken in the Projects and Dam Management Services Department in liaison with the business.
- Attending to issues raised by former employees.
- Producing Monthly Reports on all Human Resource and Administration Activities.
- Conducting exit interviews for non-managerial employees who resign from the employment of the Authority.
- Performing any other duties within the scope of the job as may be assigned by the Line Supervisor from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Five (5) ‘0’ Levels with Credits or better which should include English, Mathematics and any Science subject.
- Degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent.
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management (ZIHRM) with a valid practicing certificate.
- Five (5) years of relevant experience
- Leadership Skills
- Results Oriented
- Problem Solving Skills
- Customer Focus
- Effective Communication Skills
- Planning and Organization Skills
Please take notice that in a quest to ensure that the Authority achieves one of its strategic goals regarding Workplace Gender Equity and Equality, female candidates are encouraged to APPLY.
Written application letters together with detailed CVs and certified photocopies of academic & professional certificates should be forwarded to:
Senior Manager – Human Resource and Administration
Zambezi River Authority
Kariba House, 32 Cha Cha Cha Road
P O Box 30233
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIVING APPLICATIONS WILL BE 9th SEPTEMBER 2020
(ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED)