Zambezi River Authority is seeking a highly motivated, suitably qualified and experienced Zimbabwean National to fill the vacant position of Procurement Officer in the Corporate Services Department, to be based at Kariba Office, Kariba, Zimbabwe.
To provide procurement and logistics services which meet the requirements of the Authority in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Under the supervision of the Manager-Procurement, the Procurement Officer will carry out the following key responsibilities:
1. Procurement of Goods and Services will cover the following;
- Receiving authorized requisitions from user departments, developing specifications, preparing requests for quotations (RfQs) and inviting suppliers to quote.
- Identifying supply sources for purposes of meeting specifications using local and international markets.
- Evaluating quotations taking into consideration compliance with specifications, lead time, price and payment terms and making recommendations thereof.
- Preparing Purchase Orders as recommended in the evaluation reports and obtaining authorization from the Manager-Procurement and the Board Secretary/Corporate Services Director.
- Creating separate files for each Purchase Requisition and all related procurement documents and ensuring that the procurement cycle is completed.
- Coordinating and reviewing procurement for Kariba and Harare requirements including ensuring that approvals are obtained from Head Office.
2. Tender Management will cover the following;
- Developing works requirements, specifications and terms of reference in consultation with user departments and preparing RfQs/Invitation to Tenders (ITB)/Request for Proposals (RfPs) and soliciting for bids/proposals from shortlisted suppliers or open tenders.
- Evaluating tenders taking into consideration relevant criteria and ability on the part of tenderers to comply with terms and conditions; and
- Negotiating with suppliers and awarding contracts where appropriate
3. Contract Management will cover the following;
- Drafting contracts and service level agreements (SLAs) for review by Manager- Procurement and clearance by the Legal Counsel,
- Ensuring that all the procurement process and contract implementation is effectively managed so as to maximize value for money.
4. Procurement Expediting and Tracking will cover the following;
- Ensuring that all goods and services are delivered within the contractual lead time as indicated on Purchase Orders.
5. Supply Base Management will cover the following;
- Ensuring continuity of supply by maintaining effective relationships with existing sources on the database, monitoring supply market trends and developing other sources of supply either as alternatives in order to meet emerging or planned needs in consultation with the Manager-Procurement.
6. Import and Export Clearance will cover the following;
- Coordinating the clearing of shipments with customs authorities at ports of entry and exit.
- Timely processing of duty-free certificates and rebates for customs clearance in order to avoid demurrage charges.
7. Procurement Reporting will cover production of the following reports:
- Annual Procurement Plan and Quarterly Update of the Annual Procurement Plan
- Weekly Procurement Exception Report.
- Monthly Procurement Progress/Tracking Report
- Monthly Report highlighting major procurement issues, challenges and safety issues in Kariba and Harare.
8. Health and Safety
- Ensuring safety of the operating environment including employees and equipment.
9. People and Time Management will cover the following:
- Ensuring effective supervision of subordinates.
- Ensuring time keeping by subordinates.
- Ensuring effective implementation of the Balanced Score Card performance management system.
10. Performing any other duties within the scope of the job as may be assigned from time to time by the Manager-Procurement.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Five (5) ‘0’ Levels with grade “C” or better which should include English, Mathematics and any Science subject.
- Full CIPS/Higher National Diploma in Purchasing and Supply or equivalent
- Full professional membership such as CIPS.
- Three (3) years of relevant experience
- Clean Class 4 Driver’s License as added advantage
- Team Player
- Results Oriented
- Quality Oriented
- Effective Communication Skills
Please take notice that in a quest to ensure that the Authority achieves one of its strategic goals the regarding Workplace Gender Equity and Equality, female candidates are encouraged to APPLY.
Written application letters together with detailed CVs and certified photocopies of academic & professional certificates should be forwarded to:
Senior Manager - Human Resource and Administration,
Zambezi River Authority,
Club Chambers, Nelson Mandela Avenue P.O Box 630,
OR Senior Manager - Human Resource and Administration,
Zambezi River Authority,
Administration Block, 21 Lake Drive
Pvt Bag 2001,
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIVING APPLICATIONS WILL BE 1ST SEPTEMBER 2020
(ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED)