Country: Zambia and Zimbabwe
Assignment Title: Formulation of a Corporate Strategy for the Zambezi River Authority for the Period 2020 to 2024
Reference No: ZRA/FIN/03/2019
- The Zambezi River Authority (“the Authority”) has set aside funds in the 2019 Finance Budget and intends to apply part of the proceeds towards consulting services for the formulation of a corporate strategy for the five-year period 2020 to 2024.
- The Authority is a corporate body jointly and equally owned by the Governments of Zambia and Zimbabwe (Contracting States) and is mandated with the management of the Kariba Complex and the stretch of the Zambezi River (from Kazungula to Kanyemba) forming a common border between the two Contracting States.
- The Authority has in place a five (5) year Corporate Strategy which will come to an end on 31st December 2019. The scope of the consulting services (“the Services”) to be implemented over a period of four (4) months (August to November 2019) shall include but not limited to; • Independent stakeholder consultations in Lusaka, Zambia and in Harare Zimbabwe; • Facilitate a stakeholder workshop to be held in Livingstone, Zambia or Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe. • Critically review the Authority’s Vision, Mission, and Value Statements; • Review the Authority’s Corporate Goals and Strategic Objectives; • Produce the draft and final versions of the Corporate Strategy; • Develop a Corporate Strategy Monitoring & Evaluation Tool; The Terms of Reference for the Consulting Services can be inspected on the Authority’s website: www.zaraho.org.zm
- The Authority now invites consulting firms (“Consultants”) to express their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub consultancy to enhance their qualifications. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection method set out in the Authority’s Procurement Policy and Procedures. The shortlisting criteria is; i) The firms core business with a minimum of ten (10) years relevant experience, ii) Scope for similar completed assignments including names of clients, contract sums and time of contract award and completion, iii) Specific experience in the formulation of corporate strategy for companies in the same business sector and relating to binational companies will be an added advantage, iv) Contactable references for relevant and specific experiences under (iii) above.
- Further information can be obtained at the address below during working hours from 0800 to 1630 hours local time. Expressions of interest must be delivered by E-MAIL in PDF on or before 4 th April 2019, 1600hrs on the following E-mail addresses;
Email: Langton Pfaira: firstname.lastname@example.org cc: Misozi Mbawo: email@example.com
The Expressions of interest must be addressed to;
The Chief Executive Zambezi River Authority
32 Cha Cha Cha Road Lusaka,
Tel.: +260 211 227970-3
Att: Manager Procurement