Underwater visual inspections and special investigations
The Zambezi River Authority (ZRA) has set aside funds to finance various operations during the 2015 financial year. ZRA intends to apply part of the proceeds to payments under the works contract for the Kariba Dam Emergency Gate and New Gantry Underwater Visual Inspections and Special Investigations.
ZRA is a corporate body jointly and equally owned by the Governments of Zambia and Zimbabwe and is mandated with the management of the Kariba Dam Complex and the stretch of the Zambezi River (from Kazungula to Kanyemba) forming a common border between the two Contracting States.
ZRA intends to prequalify contractors for the Kariba Dam Emergency Gate and New Gantry Underwater Visual Inspections and Special Investigations. It is expected that invitations to bid will be issued at the end of September 2015.
The scope of works comprises the following:
- Carrying out underwater visual inspections of the upstream concrete faces of the spillway, by use of an ROV (Remote Operated Vehicle).
- Drilling of concrete cores in different locations on the upstream part and upper part (from crest level) of the spillway.
- Carrying out laboratory tests on the drilled concrete cores.
- Opening of inspection windows within the upstream grooves of sluice no. 2
- Filling of concrete core holes and inspection windows.
- Measuring of controlling dimensions and geometries of several concrete faces within the spillway sections.
- Carrying out bathymetric surveys of potential sites for slipway.
- Issuing of inspection, survey and tests reports.
Interested Applicants may obtain further information from and inspect the prequalification document (PQD) at the ZRA (address below) from 0830hrs to 1600hrs. A complete set of the prequalification document in English may be obtained by interested Applicants upon submission of a written request to the e-mail address; [firstname.lastname@example.org]. The PQD will be sent by Email. The complete PQD is also available on the ZRA website: www.zaraho.org.zm.
Applications for prequalification should be submitted electronically in PDF to the Email addresses below;
The closing date is 21 September 2015 by 16:00 hours.
The Application should be addressed to;
The Procurement Manager, Zambezi River Authority
32 Cha Cha Cha Road, Lusaka,
Telephone: +260 211 226950 / 227970/3.
Only shortlisted firms will be contacted.